The Gestalt Institute of New Zealand (GINZ) provides a Psychotherapy and Personal Development training programme in the Gestalt approach to working with people. We aim to produce competent, ethical and creative practitioners.
Our administration is based in Christchurch, however GINZ also operates in Dunedin and Wellington where faculty members are located.
GINZ is a not for profit organisation and is underpinned by a Code of Practice Standards and a Code of Ethics including formal and informal complaints procedures.
Managed by a Board of Trustees, GINZ is a not for profit Charitable Trust established in 1991.
The following aims make up the Trust Deed.
- Promote and provide training in Gestalt psychotherapy to an international standard of excellence.
- Provide appropriate professional supervision for such training.
- Set and maintain standards and quality control in every aspect of the work of the Institute.
- Promote and make known the work of the Institute throughout New Zealand promoting development and awareness of Gestalt psychotherapy for any person who might benefit from the process.
- To affiliate or associate with any other appropriate organisations in the field of psychotherapy.
Board of Trustee Members
Chair: Nicola Holmes. BA, Dip. Hort, MBA.
Directors: Ed Post. B.Com, C.A.
Brenda Levien. Registered Psychotherapist, Dip G Psych, MNZAC, MNZAP, FMGANZ.
Diane Counsell. Dip G Psych,MNZAC, MNZAC Accredited Supervisor
Marg Morrison. B.A. LLB. Dip Tchg.