The Gestalt Institute of New Zealand (GINZ) provides a Psychotherapy and Personal Development training programme in the Gestalt approach to working with people. We aim to produce competent, ethical and creative practitioners.
GINZ is registered as a Private Training Establishment (PTE) by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). Based in Christchurch, GINZ also operates in Dunedin and Wellington where faculty members are located.
GINZ is a not for profit organisation and is underpinned by a Code of Practice Standards and a Code of Ethics including formal and informal complaints procedures.
Managed by a Board of Trustees, GINZ is a not for profit Charitable Trust established in 1991.
The following aims make up the Trust Deed.
- Promote and provide training in Gestalt psychotherapy to an international standard of excellence.
- Provide appropriate professional supervision for such training.
- Set and maintain standards and quality control in every aspect of the work of the Institute.
- Promote and make known the work of the Institute throughout New Zealand promoting development and awareness of Gestalt psychotherapy for any person who might benefit from the process.
- To affiliate or associate with any other appropriate organisations in the field of psychotherapy.
Board of Trustee Members
Chair: Nicola Holmes. BA, Dip. Hort, MBA.
Directors: Ed Post. B.Com, C.A.
Brenda Levien. Registered Psychotherapist, Dip G Psych, MNZAC, MNZAP, FMGANZ.
Diane Counsell. Dip G Psych,MNZAC, MNZAC Accredited Supervisor
Marg Morrison. B.A. LLB. Dip Tchg.